ODTUG Board of Directors Voting Ends Today!
Voting ends today for the ODTUG Board of Directors. This may seem familiar, but with voting coming to an end today…here it is one more time:
It’s that time of year. Election season. No, not THAT election. The ODTUG Board of Directors election! You can see the very long list of 16 nominees along with their campaign statements and bios here. I urge you to pay special attention to Jake Turrell. Jake has been contributing to the ODTUG community for as long as I can remember. He has multiple best speaker awards and a great deal of passion for what we do. He also has a fantastic blog that I reference multiple times a month. I can’t imagine a better candidate for the ODTUG Board of Directors. If Jake were more self-promoting, he would have let me put up an amazing campaign site.
But as I mentioned before, that’s not his style. Instead I’ll list off some of the contributions from Jake over the years:
- Oracle ACE Associate
- Speaker at Kscope in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016.
- Top Speaker Award (Planning Track) – Kscope16
- Best First-Time Speaker Award – Kscope10
- Co-Editor – Developing Essbase Applications
- Blogger – EPM Adventures
- Kscope12 – Content Lead for EPM/BI Apps
- Kscope13 – Content Team for EPM/BI Apps
- Other Conferences: OpenWorld, NTxHUG, Infratects Top Gun, Solutions, etc.
Jake also has the added benefit of being an independent contractor. This means that he gets to sit on the fence between Oracle customers and Oracle partners. But don’t quote me on that in case I ever decide to run for ODTUG BOD again.
Voting ends today, October 25, 2016 at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time!