New Year, New Blog Posts
It’s been a little longer than I would like between posts lately, but with the holidays..that’s life. The good news is that I’ve been doing plenty of work, just nothing post-worthy. So what are some of the accomplishments that didn’t merit a post but should result in a ton of content:
- Added a new server to the lab to both add capacity and allow for some initial physical versus virtual performance testing and tuning (update to the lab page coming)
- Began the process of upgrading to VMware ESXi 6.0
- Began upgrading the processors on the main ESXi box to Xeon E5-2670’s (8-core/16-thread)
- Upgraded VMware vSphere to 6.0.
- Was notified that I will be speaking at Kscope16 (seven years in a row as a KScope presenter!)
- Began preparing a ton of content for the new year
And on that note, I have a ton of interesting (at least to me) content coming up this year:
- Continue the Planning Repository series
- Continue the Powershell series
- New series on Building Your Own Hyperion Lab (more hardware focused, less software focused)
- New series on Performance Tuning Essbase (more software implementation of the hardware side)
- Any other fun topics that pop up or any questions I get from colleagues and readers
That’s it for now. Look for more updates hopefully on a more frequent basis now that we are past the holidays. And finally…Happy Belated New Year!